 Castle / *21337 (-20)
  Re: Call for LEGO Castle Techniques

And why not just help beef up the How-To section at Classic-Castle? That is why it is there after all. :) Troy "Jason Catena" <lego@MAPSjcatena.net> wrote in message news:Htq1w3.Mz7@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) combination of (...) Building (...) (...) (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle)

  New LUGNET server hardware details

So, we've purchased our cool new servers, from Cambridge, MA vendor "PCs for Everyone". Todd and I and several other friends have gotten systems from them before, and have been extremely pleased -- they know their stuff, including Linux, which is (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce) !!

  LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!

Update: Thanks to donations totalling over $4K from more than 150 people around the world, we not only hit our target in four short days days but exceeded it -- by a margin wide and comfortable enough to afford a superb hardware configuration and (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Brickfest PDX photos (finally)

(...) I can't believe you got that huge table set up so quickly! (...) They seemed to be having a good time too: (URL) I do find it interesting how most pics of my stuff is classified as (...) I see it as kind of a blend, even crossing into Town (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Brickfest PDX photos (finally)

(...) Yikes! (URL) pic of me was taken on Friday night when I was literally beat to hell :) I was 8 hours late arriving to the fest (long drive) and exhausted from packing/driving/unpacking. And that pic of my display when I was about 5% of the way (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Call for LEGO Castle Techniques

Wow! That's a great site! I know I'm coming to that often. Thank you for making it! (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Adventure Continues...

(...) "This won't hurt a bit ...." The tube of Lamisil was a nice touch - it really pointed out just how big and smelly the ogre must be. Or his feet, anyway... --Bill. (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Elephant Tower

(...) That reminds me - I did a dinosaur howdah a few months back: (URL) Post-mod folder: (URL) Marc Nelson Jr. (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Elephant Tower

(...) Why didn't I think of that? (URL) Thanks for the great idea. Marc Nelson Jr. (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Prince Sigurd's Hunting Tower

(...) You'll notive that in the cellar, and the tunnel, I made little alcoves for torches. However, the upper parts of the tower had the large fireplaces and some windows, so I didn't put torches in up there. I also had run out of torches... ;) (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Prince Sigurd's Hunting Tower

(...) Mark, This is pretty cool, a nice retreat for the Prince, with a trout stream. It looks like you put a lot of time into building the tower, the wooden stair supports were a nice touch. One thing I like to do, though it's hard to see in my (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Brickfest PDX photos (finally)

Well I finally made it home, and here's my contribution to the pile of photos: (URL) me if there's way too many crane shots, but I think you all know where my priorities lie by now ;) Enjoy! ROSCO (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Call for LEGO Castle Techniques

Hi all! As a castlehead, I've wanted a web site of building techniques (eg, SNOT), and things in the castle world (eg, archer loops). Something like a combination of Kevin Bricksidge's Lexicon at Classic-castle.com, and Ben Ellermann's Building (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Elephant Tower

(...) Howdah Doody, partner! This seems a mite off-topic punnish (which sums up what the readers have to go through with puns), if'n ya know what I mean. -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Elephant Tower

(...) Ummmm, not since I transfered them from triceratops to the elephants, but... (sounds of digital rummaging)... (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Elephant Tower

(...) Nice work! It's going to make some castle walls seem pretty short by comparison. One suggestion would be to add some spikes to the tusks ala the LOTR Oliphants... maybe some small technic (8tooth?) gears would do the trick. Cheers Richie Dulin (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Elephant Tower

(...) "Howdah heck can you ride so tall in the saddle?" one might ask. Dave! (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Elephant Tower

(...) Thanks! Do you have any pictures of your howdahs up? Marc Nelson Jr. (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Elephant Tower

A wonderfully overbalanced, unrealistic design that I absolutely love. I have far more sedate (if historical) howdahs on my elephants. I get sea-sick and massive vertigo just imagining being on the upper deck! :-) Great job! (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Elephant Tower

(...) I like it a lot! It's nice, compact, and the pieces just seem to fit. While it's not like the one on LOTR, it's still a great independent MOC! Just because you get your inspiration from the movie, doesn't mean you can't go off in your own (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact