 Castle / *18922 (-20)
  Re: Ye Olde Hunting Lodge

(...) Hey Matt, Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. It does have parts from 3 black falcon's fortress, but what I am really proud of is that I haven't bought any of the Legend's release of that set. So all the parts in this MOC are from the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) "Cry Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war." From the Billy Shake-a-spear quote correction foundation. :-) The battle cry on one DnD group I played with, brought about by near starvation of the characters, an unfortunate group of orcs, and one (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ye Olde Hunting Lodge

AWESOME! i love looking at mocs like this one, where it is more than just a building, but a countryside! really awesome super cool! can't wait for your next thing! -vive le crackhead (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) Hey, I'm just glad that I finally got to use part of my English degree. Up until now my diploma's been doubling as a placemat. Dave! (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) I'm seriously gonna remember that one James! It is kinda thoughtful! Has a measure of causality within a cycular continuum. War begets death, death begets blood, blood begets... ...baby flowers or somethin' No, it's probably: Blood feeds and (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) Aah, they actually still use that 'line' in the Army today. I think this was alluded to in "Black Hawk Down." "Just shoot where we're shooting" lol :-) "Pointy end goes in bad guy" Too funny... I'm still smiling over this! --==Richard==-- (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) Interesting! See, i knew i learned that some time ago... But that info had totally slipped my mind. ~Thank-you! It's the fascinating commentary and historical anecdotes that keep me coming back to Lugnet. =P --==Richard==-- (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) Yah, i too know that one. But i'm also unsure of its source. I remember it as: "Heros are always the first to die" (or) "You never see an old/aged Hero!" Kinda sad if you ask me, but it does make sense! --==Richard==-- (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) One of my other favorites, if not precisely a war cry is what happens in Baldur's Gate if you make Minsk the leader of your party: "Magic is all well and good, but now Minsk is in charge. Swords for everyone!" James (Go for the eyes, Boo!) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) what is best in life? Crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women (Conan) Great warcries include A Mage can't cast if he's go no face Can your mother Sew? and Don't forget Guys. Pointy end goes (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) Um, I believe you're quoting General Chang, who was himself knowingly quoting Shakespeare. Specifically, Marc Antony, who was in turn speculatively quoting Caesar: All pity choked with custom of fell deeds: And Caesar's spirit, ranging for (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) Heh. My mercenary company's motto, if not our actual battle cry, is "No money, no mercs." Dave! (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

"Death to the Mortals!" Cries heard by the skeleton army in Army of Darkness "ok, you primitive screwheads, listen up; see this? This is my BOOM STICK..." Ash, Army of Darkness 'bye, bye boys, have fun storming the castle...it'd take a miracle, BYE (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) There are several good ones on Reign of Fire: "I lead, you follow!" "There is nothing magical about them. If you take out the head, the heart or the liver, you take down the beast!" From The Man who would be King: "Let us seek safety in (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Blue Dragon

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:HG77oD.1726@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) > (URL) (...) Wow. Indeed! Thanks. - Joe (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) My favorite war cry of all time: "It is a good day to die." Especially when playing Warcraft II where this phrase is also my favorite cheat code. - Chris (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Poetry Hit and Run II (was Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!)

Through a Glass, Darkly George S. Patton, Jr. Through the travail of the ages, Midst the pomp and toil of war, Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star. In the form of many people In all panoplies of time Have I seen the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) I like the dutch Ik val aan! Volg mij! which translates into I attack! Follow me! I don't know the exactly but this was said by the dutch commander at the beginning of a naval battle in the Java-sea during WW-II (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Possible Interest for Castle Fans

(...) At least before they've received a few pints of Ale and a few strings of beads... Insomnia sucks. But not as bad as late night TV WITH infomercials. Yep, I'm gonna storm the SW mini line for new Castle parts too. That's what I do. They're in (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) "SPOON!!!" :) That'd be myne. -Aaron- #279 But I'm not going to tell you how much NOW. (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact