 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 69
Re: Tanker Truck Wallpaper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 03:08:20 GMT

"Will Hess" <willhess@simflex.com> writes:
Bram,

I'm wondering if you could share some pointers about the scene you
placed the black semi and tanker in.  I'm wanting to put "photographs"
of my apparatus on the LBFR site but my knowledge of POV-Ray is minimal
at best.

The road is three polygons (1 black, two yellow) layered very slightly
above each other.  The grass is just a green plain (floor output from
L3P).  The sky is a sphere with texture BlueSky3 (or something like that
from textures.inc)  The atmospheric effect which blurs the horizon is a
white fog.
If you want, I'll post the .pov file for the scenery.  I'm also thinking
of making a more realistic road scene...perhaps with roadside ditches,
improved grass, etc.
--Bram