 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 404
    How do u get BMP to JPEG format? —Rick Hallman
   How do u get BMP files from Pov-Ray to JPEG w/ small file size without corrputing the file? When i try to 'Save as...' in Paint, it makes 1) ENORMAS file size 2) Corrputed JPEG 'Could not open picture, possibly bot a picture file' (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: How do u get BMP to JPEG format? —Alan Gerber
     (...) I have two ways that I use. One is with MS photo editor, and the other is Netscape Composer. Photo editor comes with office, and Netscape composer is with the free download of the Communicator suite. In Photo editor, go to Save As..., and on (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: How do u get BMP to JPEG format? —Dave Schuler
     (...) There are zillions of graphics apps out there that will do this for you, but the two I use most often are LViewPro and Paint Shop Pro, both of which are available in shareware versions online. The conversion process can be done in either of (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: How do u get BMP to JPEG format? —Jason Ellis
     I like to use Adobe Photoshop. I've used Windows Paint before, I've never had the "Could not open pictues..." error but I have had the colors come out funky. I've never had a problem with Photoshop screwing up the colors or corrupting files. Just (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: How do u get BMP to JPEG format? —Manfred Moolhuysen
   (...) I use a freeware program named "20/20" Apart from conversion, this tool also enables you to make various handy types of sceen captures (like desktop, just a window, a child (=part) of a window, or the entire contence of a scroll list) It can (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)