 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 406
Re: How do u get BMP to JPEG format?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 22:43:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Rick Hallman writes:
How do u get BMP files from Pov-Ray to JPEG w/ small file size without
corrputing the file? When i try to 'Save as...' in Paint, it makes
1) ENORMAS file size
2) Corrputed JPEG  'Could not open picture, possibly bot a picture file'
I have two ways that I use.  One is with MS photo editor, and the other is
Netscape Composer.  Photo editor comes with office, and Netscape composer is
with the free download of the Communicator suite.  In Photo editor, go to Save
As..., and on the bottom, where it has "save as type", and change it to JPEG
interchangeable image format(it's something like that).  In Netscape
Communicator, go the the image button on top, click "choose file", select the
.bmp file, then hit ok.  You'll go through a few boxes, and then there'll be a
.jpg in the same folder with the same name.
Alan