 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 392
Re: Diablo SE hovercar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:43:14 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner skrev i meddelandet ...
Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> writes:

Thanks.  If you want, I can release the include file I made to
create the randomized skyline...

Do you mean that you composed all the geometric shapes that look like
skyscrapers yourself?  Cool!

It would certainly be interesting to see the include-file.

There is also a 'City generator include file' (by Chris Colefax) available
from one of the www.povray.org pages ('Resources' I think). It can generate
cities of (almost) any size, with a lot of parameters to adjust the layout
(size of city, height of buildings, variation of height, width of streets,
pavements, cars, lamp posts etc. etc. - the only thing I'm missing is the
possibility to get parks in the city, but perhaps one could design a 'house'
that looks like a park?).

There are also instructions how to add buildings (and cars) of your own, so
perhaps it's possible to create a new include file that generates Lego
buildings, cars, roads and so on...

Well worth a look.

Happy rendering,
--