 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 320
  Moving an object in a scene

In POV-Ray how does one go about changing the position of a model in the scene. I've figured out how to move the camera around, but can't figure out how to move an object. Any help would be appreciated. Also what do I need to do to add a 2nd model (...) (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Moving an object in a scene

(...) Apparently, you already discovered that the object { my_model_dot_dat ... } line is the line that places the object. You can add all sorts of scaling, rotation, and translation to this line by adding "scale" "rotate" and "translate" modifiers. (...) (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Moving an object in a scene

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Jason (...) (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Moving an object in a scene

I got around to trying your tips Brams and they worked like a charm. The result can be seen here (URL) again (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)