 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2895
Re: New POV-Ray Edge Tracing Utility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 06:54:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Travis Cobbs wrote:
As for the "inside_vector", it's only possible with BFC-certified LDraw parts,
since non-BFC-certified parts don't have any concept of an inside or outside on
the faces.  Even with those, CSG might be a problem due to the fact that some
parts aren't actually fully closed (meaning that there are some gaps).  And
primitive substitution greatly increases the likelihood of gaps due to the fact
that when a cylinder primitive meets cylindrical geometry that doesn't use a
primitive, a gap is guaranteed.  (Note that I don't know enough about POV CSG to
know if gaps are a problem or not.)

--Travis

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

-Mike