 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2267
Re: Radiosity, brightness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:27:55 GMT

I wrote:

The only thing is, my results with Radiosity enabled (no light sources
but the blueish white sky_sphere, Jeroen's color settings, LGEO enabled)
are a bit too dark.

Ok, the last  hours I was experimenting a little bit further and I came
to a quite good result with Jeroen's ldraw_radiosity includes:

  - Color setting 1 (Jeroen) is too dark when there are no
    additional lights
  - Color setting 2 (Todd) is far too dark

Switching "assumed_gamma 1" in "global_settings" makes things more
interesting:

  - Jeroen's colors are too bright (red is like orange, black
    is like grey)
  - Todd's colors are perfect, but they reflect too much (which makes
    bricks seem too bright, too)

I continued with Todd's perfect colors (from lugnet), installed the
newest version of ldraw_radiosity and found the VARIFLEX option (and its
new reduced reflection settings) the solution to go for - except they
only apply to Jeroen's (too bright) colors. Adjusting the lg_color_*.inc
files gives me nice correct colors without too much reflection and I'm
quite happy now.

As soon as I can spare some time during the next few days, I'll post an
example image and my modified lugnet color include file if anyone is
interested.

Nico.

--
Nico Kaiser     ::