 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 217
Re: Parts That Don't Render Correctly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 20:23:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Will Hess wrote:

I have noticed that the shutters for the 1x4x3 town windows and the hinge
train gate don't render properly.  I use the standard L3P output and render
at the highest settings but they always come out smooth.  The corrugated
brick does fine though.  Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

Nope.  These parts are modeled using lines to represent the
corrugations.  L3P drops the lines, because POV-Ray doesn't *do* lines.
So you end up with smooth parts.  There are some other LDraw parts which
suffer from similar problems.

Also, can anyone point me to an active download site for L3GO?

Not I.

Steve