 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2097
    Re: More color problems —Travis Cobbs
   (...) I don't know POV, but I do know that index of refraction (IoR) shouldn't have any effect on reflections. Perhaps it does, but it shouldn't. You need do decrease the reflectivity, not the IoR. The IoR controls how much light bends when it (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: More color problems —Orion Pobursky
     (...) You're right, I was mistaken. The IOR deals with the transparency. -Orion (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: More color problems —Mike Thorn
   (...) Which makes sense when you compare the two renders and notice that the second one (with the IoR at zero) has a much more crystal-like sceptre. I don't know how much of an L3P-produced POV file is original POV code and how much is (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: More color problems —Orion Pobursky
   (...) No, those 2 lines have to do with the type of light in the scene. Have a read in the POV Scene help file for an explantion of ambient and diffuse light. -Orion (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)