 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1944
Re: MegaPOV, Find Edges & Shadows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:58:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Jon Palmer wrote:
Doesn't *anyone* here know what I'm talking about?
I thought there would be more responses than this.
:(

I *believe* it's the angle which the surface of the brick is relative to the
camera lens. You're using a fair amount of perspective on your lens, so the
angle of the plane on the side of the brick isn't constant (relative to your
'eye'.) I've had planes in renderings color in all black though they
theoretically shouldn't, because of the angle they're at.

I don't know what you can do, if anything, to get rid of it, though. Other than
tweak the MegaPOV settings a bit.

-Tim

Just some suggestions:
1: Add some fill lights
2: Raise the ambient property on your materials.

-Chuck