 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1701
    Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders —Paul Kleniewski
   magnificent!!! the only way to be sure it is not a real model is that studs haven't inscriptions :) best regards pixel (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders —Jennifer Clark
   Thanks Paul! (...) There's a reason for that :-) The truck render at 1800x1350 took over two days on an Athlon XP 2000+ machine, and used over a gigabyte of RAM. If you add the stud inscriptions it makes this a lot worse! The drill took only an hour (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders —Jeroen de Haan
     (...) Maybe you should try LDraw Boxer (see: (URL) ) which is a real nifty application that replaces bricks with "hidden" studs for boxes sans studs. Saves a lot of parsing, especially on level 3! Jeroen (who is rendering the 8880 Super car for 9 (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders —Rebecca Taylor
   (...) Wow. I don't think I'll try anything too ambitious with my creaky old Powerbook then! (180Mhz, 48MB, and the faster of my computers) Joking aside, those renders are quite superb Jen. The drill was fun to see - my Dad has a blue cordless that (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Drill and Hooklift Truck Renders —Jennifer Clark
   (...) Thanks! It is good to hear that it resembles a drill in the real world, since it was a collection of features from quite a few. The real danger when building this model in my opinion was that it would end up looking like a ray gun or (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic)