 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1671
Re: Fog yourself
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:19:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Rob Hendrix writes:
I'm no expert so take my advice at face value, which = zero.
I was taking a look at your ground fog renders and noticed something that I
felt was odd.
I would figure that if you were in a fog environment, then you would get no
shadows or very faint shadows from light source in the fog (or above or
behind) like is shown at the base of youe "pole".  If any, I would think the
shadows would go towards the fog or be very faint.  I assume this, because
one would think that the fog is a darker area than the foreground.  Am I way
off base here?  Oh well, human perception of what each person sees is always
different anyway...

You are right off course. But the goal was to understand POV-Ray's fog. As I
wrote in my PS: if you want real looking fog also include atmospheric media.

Nice job nonetheless.
-Rob

Thanx!

Jeroen