 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1331
1330  |  1332
Subject:
Yet another POV-Ray inlining question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:53:41 GMT

Okay, I'm getting there, but one bit still eludes me.  If I have something
like the following:

0 REALLY NIFTY PART BY DAVE!
0 L3P IFPOV
0 POV CODE
0 POV CODE
0 POV CODE
0 POV CODE
0 POV CODE
0 POV CODE
0 POV CODE
0 POV CODE
0 POV CODE
0 POV CODE
0 L3P ELSEPOV
0 1 16 0 0 0 10 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 10 8-8SPHE.DAT
0 1 16 20 0 0 10 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 10 8-8SPHE.DAT
0 1 16 10 -20 0 10 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 10 8-8SPHE.DAT
0 END OF FILE

  Is that the correct format?  Specifically, is it necessary to include the
0 character before the LDraw statements, or should the 0's be omitted?  If
the 0's omitted, it seems that L3P renders the LDraw statements, but if the
0's are included, then how does L3Lab or LDLite (or the like) know how to
recognize the necessary LDraw statements?
  I've gotten to the point where my inlined POV-Ray code will render very
nicely, but the part doesn't show up at all in L3Lab, since all the LDraw
code is preceded by the 0 character.

  As always, any help is appreciated!

     Dave!