 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1290
Re: Newbie having trouble ray tracing MLCad models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 22:23:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Christopher J. Dean writes:
// Input file: C:\LDRAW\MODELS\Ambulance\Ambulance (wide) NYC.dat

pointers.

I use L3P (the DOS program), so I have to use 8x3 names. However, often I
name my files something longer than 8 characters. when I want to render one,
I merely truncate it when I type it in.

For example:
"Ambulance (wide) NYC.dat" would become "Ambula~1.dat"

For any longer-than-8 files, type six letters, "~", and "1", and ignore any
spaces.

Hope this helps!
--Ryan

ryanjf@ifriendly.com