 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1289
Re: Newbie having trouble ray tracing MLCad models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 19:19:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tore Eriksson writes:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Christopher J. Dean writes:
// Input file: C:\LDRAW\MODELS\Ambulance\Ambulance (wide) NYC.dat

I don't know, but it looks like the name of the input file contains whitespaces.
This is a known source of errors. To be on the safe side, I always stick to
the old 8.3 DOS naming format. Good luck.

/Tore

Yup! That IS the problem.  If you want to use the automatic feature of L3PAO
(in which it render the image after it converts it) you NEED TO keep the old
DOS 8.3 file naimg format.  That format is: 8 alpha-numeric characters
followed by a '.' and then 3 alph-numeric characters.

Try renaming your file from
C:\LDRAW\MODELS\Ambulance\Ambulance (wide) NYC.dat
C:\LDRAW\MODELS\Ambulance\AmbW_NYC.dat

Note that THIS IS ONLY A REQUIREMENT is you are going to use the auto features.
MLCAD and POV-Ray can handle the new format of 125 characters + 3 for
extension WITH WHITESAPCE if you are using them alone.  THIS IS NOT
RECOMMENED for a number of reasons.

-AHui
Ldraw Help Desk