 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 126
125  |  127
Subject:
help!!! - light sources in POV-RAY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:39:52 GMT

Hi!  I need some help with POV-RAY, L3P, (etc.).

I'm trying to ray-trace this DAT file
("http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/povray/lich.dat.txt")
but with a change in the lighting.
I want there to be a "glow" (a light?)
from within the "gem" atop the staff (i.e., the 1x1 Cone),
and light from the "flames" near the "floor"
(for a nice diabolic effect).
But, when I've converted this DAT file using L3P-Add-On,
I can't get the light sources in the flames to convert.

I've tried this several times,
and I've posted the results here:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/povray/"
Note that each JPEG is grouped with its corresponding POV file
(i.e., "lich2.jpeg" with "lich2.pov.txt", and so on).

I'd appreaciate any help you can give me.

Oh, if it helps any, a non-ray-traced image
of the DAT file can be found here:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/people/lich.jpg"

Thanks,
Franklin

Franklin W. Cain | fwcain@yahoo.com
                 | http://members.tripod.com/fcain
                 | http://members.tripod.com/fcain/lego/want_list.html
USE OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
IS _STRICTLY_ PROHIBITED. . . .  MAKE MY (LAWYER'S) DAY, PUNK!