 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1220
Re: L3PAO/POV-RAY Newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:36:15 GMT

That, I think is my problem.  Is there a link that has detailed explanations
for each check box in L3PAO?
Also, I downloaded the LGEO stuff and pointed L3PAO to it. When I check
the box "Use LGEO Library" however I get "Cannot open include file lg_defs.."
but the file is in the right location.
TIA

The L3P README (whih you can get to by L3PAO Help's Menu -> View L3P README)
is the closest thing to a manual right now.

When you open L3PAO does it give you any sort of error saying it can't find
the LGEO lib parts?  Are you sure you have in the LGEO folder the file:
lg_defs.inc?  Aslo what verison of L3PAO are you running? Look under the
Help and click about. Latest verison is 1.3.4.  Go to the L3PAO webiste to
get the latest version.  Sometimes Ldraw is a bit behind in uploading the
latest version.

Just wondering but how is your LDraw folder structure?
Ideally it would be easiest to have something like this:

C:\LDraw
C:\Ldraw\Apps
C:\Ldraw\Apps\MLCAD
C:\Ldraw\Apss\LGEO
C:\Ldraw\Apss\L3P
C:\Ldraw\Apss\L3PAO
C:\Ldraw\Apss\POV

AHui

ps.
Also not that NOT all LDRAW parts are made in LGEO.