 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1010
  What renderer did this?

Anyone know what program this guy might have used to render his dat files? They look awesome: (URL) Later, Gary (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What renderer did this?

It looks like high quality POV-Ray,maybe with the LGEO library. then again it also looks like somethig Bryce might do too......... just my guesses Gary Gary Thomas <thomasg@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message news:GLHrHD.MJA@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What renderer did this?

I'm guessing POVray. But if you want to see some really nice renders (imho) check out (URL) think he uses 3d Studio Max with the Brazil renderer. The only problem with using Max is that you have to convert the models from .dat to .dxf, and then (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What renderer did this?

Actually they were rendered with standard 3ds max scanline renderer. He used the HDRDomelight maxscript to create the "skylight". .. and if you open your DAT file in LEOCad, you can export it to the good old 3DS file format. This is how I prefer to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What renderer did this?

(...) Wo-ho-hoo! I didn't know that. Time to re-discover LeoCAD! /Tore (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What renderer did this?

(...) guy used Lightwave and Cinema 4d XL on a MAC (although this part doesn't probably matter). -- Hop-Frog (too lazy to search for the URL again) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What renderer did this?

Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox3...wipnet.se> wrote in message news:GMCpC7.Gv4@lugnet.com... (...) You said it! now where did I put that folder......... G (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What renderer did this?

Never looked at LEOCad but, by golly, I will now!! I talked to Matt about his renders, and admittedly while he didn't say he used Brazil, he did recommend it to me. The glass on the Polaris 1 model looks very similar to the results you get from (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What renderer did this?

Uh, that's mine. I converted the model to lightwave and then rendered it with global illumination in a Sky dome. Each part that moves was inlined down to the primative level and then converted so each part is a single entity. For example, the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)