 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1014
Re: What renderer did this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 07:38:14 GMT

I'm guessing POVray.

But if you want to see some really nice renders (imho) check out
http://members.tripod.com/Matt_3D/main.html

I think he uses 3d Studio Max with the Brazil renderer. The only problem
with using Max is that you have to convert the models from .dat to .dxf, and
then import the .dxf into Max, which invariably gives you a few mesh errors.
Easy enough to ignore, but for anal retentives (like me) it can be time
consuming to fix. There maybe an easier way, but I haven't found it...

I've also done a few of my own (the 6980 and a very cute 885) using Max and
Brazil. But I still haven't got around to posting them anywhere so you're
just going to have to believe me ;) Unless you want me to email them to you
:)

Cheers.

"Gary Thomas" <thomasg@rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message
Anyone know what program this guy might have used to render his dat files?
They look awesome:

   Later,

   Gary