 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *647 (-20)
  "Cartoon" renderings??

G'day folks, I've noticed a bunch of renderings around that look a little cartoonish. Notably all of the pieces have edgelines. Here's an (awesome!) example: (URL) the rendering doesn't look like a photorender, as the colours and shadows are very (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Is there some pov-ray friendly version of car wash brush part?

Is there some pov-ray friendly version of car wash brush part? (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCAD, L3P, and POV-RAY

Yes - It would be great to have a camera file. We would need a "lookat" file as well. Thanks again Michael for such an excellent piece of software. I have to say that (besides LEGO), its one of the best toys I've ever had! Brad Michael Lachmann (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCAD, L3P, and POV-RAY

I've never tried to use camera options until now, but I think we can enhance that if we have a camera-file (like the light.dat) which L3P counts in. This way it's easy to define the camera - position and orientation ... Regarding the description (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCAD, L3P, and POV-RAY

Hi, This is a little write-up I did on free-form positioning of the camera. It is taken from several posts by myself and others on LUGNET. Tim Courtney has asked for new material for www.ldraw.org focusing on MLCAD, L3P and POV-RAY, so I offered to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

(...) I think I'm impressed. Very nice retrofit. Wish I could make use of your .DAT files on my Mac. Amy (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  "POV-RAY"-friendly minifig coins

Here are the URLs for the updated DAT files. The "10"-mark coin: "(URL) The "20"-mark coin: "(URL) The "30"-mark coin: "(URL) The "40"-mark coin: "(URL) Thanks, Franklin ===== Franklin Cain (and please do *not* call me "Frank" ;-) fwcain@yahoo.com | (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Ray-Tracing Beginner

(...) Thanks for the pointer! I've been having similar difficulties and hadn't yet gotten around to getting the right software. Dave! (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Ray-Tracing Beginner

(...) I also provided a link directly on the L3PAO page, right beneath where you downloaded L3PAO. J (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

I'll be moving for the next two weeks, so I may have to involuntarily abstain from building temporarily. Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:G5GMIu.4yA@lugnet.com... (...) please (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Ray-Tracing Beginner

You need to have the Visual Basic runtime DLL's installed to use this. Luckily, this can be downloaded free-of-charge on the web. Try Here: (URL) is another one: (URL) another one: (URL) you need more, go to www.yahoo.com and search for MSVBVM60.DLL (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: MOTM (Was:Cathedral of Ice)

Thanks for the compliments. Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:G5G06x.EHA@lugnet.com... (...) But I (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: MOTM (Was:Cathedral of Ice)

Thanks - I just entered it. I tried last month, but I submitted one of my crappier models. We'll see what happens this month. Jeff Boen <onyx@flash.net> wrote in message news:G5FzJD.DDw@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Ray-Tracing Beginner

I've installed all these programs but when attempting to start L3PAO(which looks to be a life saver) I got an 'error starting program' message saying this: "A required .DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL, was not found." Did I miss something? Thanks. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

Thanks! I actually wanted to add tile to the foor to make it more exciting, but each of these shots already takes over 2 hours to generate (in POV-RAY) on my machine! I don't have too may performance problems in MLCAD because I used about 15 (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

I person named Koen requested the .dat file, but I was unable to send him email. The email was "koen.jordens@studen...ven.ac.be" Koen, if you see this, can you please email me back. Your email provider refused my email twice. Perhaps you can use a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Interior shots of Cathedral of Ice

Hey hey now! :) richard marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:G5Fv65.Hpr@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

I didn't figure it would be all that hard. In addition to what you noted, I would also need a version of the configuration panel which allowed you to select a file to display, as well as (preferably) a way to select the full-screen resolution used (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Screensaver anyone?

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to get it to launch in fullscreen mode. Maybe the saver launchers have a way around this problem. The startup spin vector problem is another problem, since LDView doesn't have any way of making this happen (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  RE: different idea for cockpit

(...) I found the problem...and it is what I thought it would be :) Basically, what you are creating is a sphere with a speckled texture. The background color of this texture is black, which is why you can't change the background color. However, the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact