 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *1857 (-10)
  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) One of the first things you need is a program like l3p, to convert the .dat files into .pov files. Programs like these can be found on the ldraw site at: (URL) L3p will give you enough of a file that yu can do a decent rendering. Should you (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  I need help with pov-ray

I would like step-by-step instructions on the software necessary to render mlcad creations in pov-ray. I have already tried to do everything by the online tutorials, but so far i have wasted 3 hours without being able to do the file conversions. It (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HHBnzC.uH@lugnet.com... (...) suggested (...) Sorry, I have never used it, just read about it. It is supposed to place a light at exactly at the spot where you put that piece (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?

(...) First off... let me say again, a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Due to input from each of you I feel as though I've been able to make good progress in the direction of the types of renders I hope to achieve for (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?

(...) I'm quite happy/comfortable editing the .pov file directly... it's just the values and directions I'm still trying to get a grip on. (...) Is this different than some of the .inc files that others have already suggested using? And if so, can (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?

(...) (I don't know how much of this you can affect from LPub) One way is to add a 'light.dat' to your model at a position you want the light to come from. Not to close though... I usually put the lights far, far away from the model, to get more of (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?

(...) Sorry to take so long to respond. I don't post from work, and was away all evening. But I did see the work you'd done as soon as it was moderated on Brickshelf. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me understand this process. I will (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?

Hi Allan, You can find pictures of your (lovely!) model here: (URL) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?

(...) No magic involved here. Best way is to be inspired by real photos. Take a good look at a picture you like (or where you like the lighting) and try to figure out where the light s coming from and where the camera was placed. A rough guide: (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?

(...) Hi Jeroen, (...) In fact, I dropped down to using radio_1. I'm not interested in 100% realistic pics, but I knew that what I was producing could look better. Thanks for the advice though. :) (...) light. Is there some magical way in which you (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact