 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *1667 (-10)
  Fog yourself

Hi all, After some e-mails with Albert-Jan van Ree, in which he tried to figure out fog, I did some experimenting. The effect Albert-Jan was after (and actually me too) was making the background foggier than the foreground. I have tried it before (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Are the illustrations for the modeler's book series created with Ldraw compatible software?

Hi Miguel - Hmm... I took a look at the additional images they provide, and I can't see any tell-tale parts that would give it away. So, I don't know, but it would be funny if they did :-) -Tim (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Are the illustrations for the modeler's book series created with Ldraw compatible software?

I actually own the first book (Lego Modelers: Amazing Animals) and IMHO they use the same technique as the instructions for Jack Stone and Bionical sets. Jaco "Miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:HA6yny.89G@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Are the illustrations for the modeler's book series created with Ldraw compatible software?

Hi all, I never knew these two Lego Modeler books for DK existed until literally 10 minutes ago (URL) sure looks like the illustrations created using some Ldraw-L3P-LGEO-POV combination (click the option "look inside" underneath the cover). I was (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Level B Simplification - LDraw Boxer

Tore Eriksson worte: (...) [...] Great! (...) Any chance to see the source code? Or binary versions for Tru64/Alpha, Linux/Alpha and Linux/x86? Play well, Jacob (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Level B Simplification - LDraw Boxer

Level B Simplification: Replace with plain boxes only those parts that has all its studs and inside totally hidden by other parts. I've just finished a program that scans for all non-transparent parts that has their studs and bottoms covered with (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Anyone willing to render a scene for me?

(...) Yeah. I used area lights in a previous scene one time. They worked well. ((URL) light_source { (...) That's really good to know! Thanks for the help. I'm going to try some things now... --Ryan ryanjf@ifriendly.com (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HA3I7F.GAD@lugnet.com... (...) I've also found that a *dim*, shadowless light at exactly the same position as the camera more or less guarantees that everything you *see* is also (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Anyone willing to render a scene for me?

miguel agullo wrote: [snip] Thanks for the suggestions, Miguel! They are very insightful and encouraging! --Ryan (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Anyone willing to render a scene for me?

(...) Well, it seems like you're off to a good start. (...) First thing you have to know is that you can set up a scene which would work fine in real life and not render properly in POV or any other program. This is because real lightning and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact