 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *1522 (-10)
  Re: Show your renderings in Zwolle!

Right! And if you do decide to mail pictures to Jeroen, mail me the DAT or MPD file, so we can show how it was created! Mail to jmolen@globalxs.nl Thanks! Jaco "Jeroen de Haan" <info@digitalbricks.nl> wrote in message news:H3qE4H.AM1@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.scenes)

  Re: New marsbase.com pic...sorta.

Sorry to not get back to you sooner. I use a file called dat2lws to convert the model or sub-model into a lightwave scene. I use the objects from the scene to put together the full model. I've built a custom scene that the model sits in when I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Show your renderings in Zwolle!

Hi, I will attend Legoworld in Zwolle and will bring a computer to run a slideshow of LDraw pics. It would be nice if all you people would send 1 or more pictures of MOCs and sets rendered with POV-Ray, Bryce or whatever you use as long the pictures (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.scenes)

  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) Cool. Thanks for the work. I've been working on a LDraw to Maya converter and have used the POV-Ray stuff from L3P as a basis for the Maya shaders. Maya's shading capabilities are a little more extensive than POV-Ray's. I've got a shader for (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: New marsbase.com pic...sorta.

This is awesome. What file format do you bring into Lightwave? (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: New marsbase.com pic...sorta.

You used a program to render that?? Looks like a great artistic/drafting drawing. Is that program available for download? (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad.ray)

  New marsbase.com pic...sorta.

I'm slowly going through my previous models and revamping them, as well as moving them into Lightwave to render. Here's the latest model, the Kodiak: (URL) the pics will soon be up on marsbase.com, but this is the only one for now. Thoughts? Ben (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LEGO Color Reference

(...) Yes! Now, maybe, I'll be able to render a MOC in the "correct" colors. Thanks, Todd. James Wilson Dallas, TX Lugnet #1783 (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrigl@math.uio.no> skrev i meddelandet news:qrdbs67sac0.fsf....uio.no... (...) I dug a bit deeper into the POV manuals, and found it! The '+c' rendering option can be used to continue a rendering that has previously been (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

Wow... now that's what I'd like to see in my animations. But the render times are just impossible. A 15 second clip would take a month rendering! I guess I'll stay with the standard methods and stop-motion for a while. On another note, returning to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact