 CAD / MLCad / 957
Re: How to customise parts tree in MLCad V2.00R2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:58:17 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:
[snip]
It still only partially addresses my desire, as I see it, however. On a
lower level than this, I would like to be able to classify individual • parts
on a per part basis to a category. A good example of why: Some people
classify the 1x2 plate/tile with one stud as either a plate, or a tile. • Even
if there is an "official" classification, it would be nice for the user to
be able to place it the category of their choosing. I don't think you can • do
this now. If I am incorrect, please let me know!

Short of this however, I really really love the grouping! I will be • playing
with that soon!!

Probably the only thing that would come close to what you want now would be
the favorites category...

And similar to what "Ducky Dave" suggested, though less risky, you can edit
Parts.lst in wordpad and *copy* the part, e.g. Plate 1 x  2 with 1 stud, to
the Tile section and edit it to say Tile 1 x  2 with 1 stud. Then it would
be grouped in both Plates and Tiles (don't forget to Scan Parts), and it
will still be found when opening someone else's model that uses the normal
Plate version.

HTH,
--Ryan

ryanjf@ifriendly.com