 CAD / MLCad / 950
Re: How to customise parts tree in MLCad V2.00R2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:28:34 GMT

Eek, linewrap made a right mess of that. Lets try again ;(

Duckie Dave <Duck@clowes-till-crafts.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Michael Lachmann <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message
How to customise the parts tree:
================================
From "Settings/Groups/Group configuration..." you can create your own • groups
or just add new ones. For every group you define rules which define what
comes into this groups.

I'd like to add that the settings from this are stored in an MLCad.grp file
in your ldraw directory.

The contents of my group file are shown below with my comments in
parenthesis.

0
10
Brick
<Brick & !Pattern> & !Printed

(Contains bricks, but not patterned or printed)

Baseplate
<Baseplate
Decorated
Pattern & !Baseplate &!Minifig &!<_

(Decorated parts containing the word pattern are in a seperate group
but baseplates and minifig parts are excluded, as are unofficial parts
whose names start with an underscore character)

Electric
<Electric
Technic
<Technic
Train
<Train & !Pattern

(Train parts exclude patterned train parts)

Plate
<Plate
Minifig
<Minifig

(A group for all official minifig parts)

Un-Official
<_ & _>
Custom
<_ & !_>

(Note, I have altered the names of all unofficial parts to both begin
and end with an underscore, except in the case of unofficial ldraw
parts of non TLC parts, and parts with hard coded colours)

Hopefully this will help you understand how the rules for groups work.

(Duckie) Dave Till