 CAD / MLCad / 953
Re: How to customise parts tree in MLCad V2.00R2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 04:58:48 GMT

Jake McKee <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, David Till writes:

I'd like to add that the settings from this are stored in an MLCad.grp • file
in your ldraw directory.

Interesting! I will have to dig into that.

It still only partially addresses my desire, as I see it, however. On a
lower level than this, I would like to be able to classify individual • parts
on a per part basis to a category. A good example of why: Some people
classify the 1x2 plate/tile with one stud as either a plate, or a tile. • Even
if there is an "official" classification, it would be nice for the user to
be able to place it the category of their choosing. I don't think you can • do
this now. If I am incorrect, please let me know!

Thats where it gets tricky, and you have to resort to the measures I took to
seperate unofficial/custom parts etc - i.e. you have to open each of the
parts files and manually alter the part name so that it fits in with the
rules for the group you want to place it in!

Short of this however, I really really love the grouping! I will be • playing
with that soon!!

Yes, I had fun playing with it when it first appeared, and it was this that
led to me playing with the part files as well as models. Now if only you
could open a part or model file for editing, direct from the parts tree,
perhaps by right clicking on it?

(Duckie) Dave Till