 CAD / MLCad / 850
Re: Use of cursor keys in MLCad views
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 18:23:47 GMT

Daniel Crichton wrote:
Maybe I have something setup incorrectly here, or maybe I'm asking for
something that is in the works for v2, but I find it a pain to use my
"mouse" (it's a flat pad on a laptop PC and not very easy to use) to move
parts in the 3 views so I tend to use the cursor keys instead. This poses • a
bit of a problem when I need to move a piece in the Y axis as the cursor
keys only move parts in the X and Z axes. Would it be possible to have the
keys change depending on which of the views is the "active" view (and • maybe
a 1 pixel coloured edge around the view currently active just in case I
forget!) so that the arrows represent movement in that view pane? eg. if • the
view is Front then the left and right keys are for movement in the X axis
and up/down are for the Y axis, if the view is Top then left/right are for
the X axis and up/down are for the Z axis, and if the view is Right then
left/right is for the Z axis and up/down is for the Y axis?

[snip]

Home and End move pieces up and down in the Y axis. (I don't know if you
knew that...)

Regards,
--Ryan