 CAD / MLCad / 849
848  |  850
Subject:
Use of cursor keys in MLCad views
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:19:57 GMT

Maybe I have something setup incorrectly here, or maybe I'm asking for
something that is in the works for v2, but I find it a pain to use my
"mouse" (it's a flat pad on a laptop PC and not very easy to use) to move
parts in the 3 views so I tend to use the cursor keys instead. This poses a
bit of a problem when I need to move a piece in the Y axis as the cursor
keys only move parts in the X and Z axes. Would it be possible to have the
keys change depending on which of the views is the "active" view (and maybe
a 1 pixel coloured edge around the view currently active just in case I
forget!) so that the arrows represent movement in that view pane? eg. if the
view is Front then the left and right keys are for movement in the X axis
and up/down are for the Y axis, if the view is Top then left/right are for
the X axis and up/down are for the Z axis, and if the view is Right then
left/right is for the Z axis and up/down is for the Y axis?

This would make life much easier and help stop me taking hours to move parts
just a little at a time but always slightly too far because the pad isn't
very accurate.

And while I'm thinking about it, any chance of an option as a toolbar button
or right click menu item so I can disable moving parts using the mouse as
need be so that when I click on a part to select it the over-sensitivity of
the pad results in the part being moved too? I'm sure this might be useful
for others too, I can't be the only person who selects parts to move with
the cursor keys or to change colour or to hide it and not need to move the
part and would be grateful for the ability to switch to "select" mode rather
then "select and move" mode.

Dan