 CAD / MLCad / 609
Re: How do you break down an inserted shortcut?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:27:13 GMT

Tony Hafner wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann writes: • [snip]
The best thing would be to work with MPD - Submodels.

Once you would like the load the minifig you could import the minifig.dat
into the project (Multipart/Import model) ... this will create a • sub-model
used the same way as any other part - but you can modify it!

Thanks for the answer, but that still doesn't solve the main problem I'm
having.  I'm trying to build instructions for various models, and I
typically put in a minifig or two in the last step.  I'd like them to show
up along with the vehicle.

Is there any way to display both the main model and a submodel at the same • time?

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

To display both the main model and the submodel at once, open the Add New
Part dialogue box.  You can start typing the name of the submodel, and  then
you will see it in the list.  Select it, click 'OK', and then the submodel
is visible with the main model!

--Ryan  (I used to have the same problem :-) )