 CAD / MLCad / 244
Re: POV and Raytracing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 04:41:07 GMT

Yes it true ....

You'll need: L3P and Povray (L3P is an example there are others as well, but
I realy like this one since it's easy to use ...)

Make sure they are installed properly then start MLCad. Load your model and
select Export from the file menu.
In the post processing part enable the first two post processors and write
the following into the lines:

Postprocessor 1: Check the command type
Parameters: -o %4 c:\temp

Postprocessor 2: Do NOT check the command type
Parameters: +I%7.pov +W160 +H120 /EXIT

You will find the parameters in the docus of L3P and Povray, try playing
arround with them.

Basically they mean:
  for L3P overwrite output file
  for Povray: +I is input file, +W and +H the width and heigt of the pic and
/EXIT tells povray to terminate when finished.

Finaly the pictures are in the default picture path of Povray.

Michael

Mike Kelly wrote in message ...
I am getting the feeling that separate programs are needed to generate POV
or Raytraced pictures of models created in MLCAD, is this true?

If so, where can I find programs to do this and what do I need to do in
MLCAD to get them to work?

--

~mek~
(remove cc from atkincc to email me)