 CAD / MLCad / 2136
Re: Exporting Minifig to Maya - edgy model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:08:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Björn Syse <bjorne@syse.se> wrote:

1. I've made a simple minifig with the minifig generator i mlcad. Now I
want to export this model and use it for rendering in Maya.

Sorry for the smartypants non-answer, but you'd probably find it easier going to
just model the minifg in Maya to begin with. I think someone even had a tutorial
on how to do this somewhere, though I can't remember the link offhand. Maybe it
was Pro-E..

I use minifigs as a way to teach 3D AutoCAD and 3DS. This semester I'll probably
also use them to teach Rhino. It really isn't that hard, and the students
(usually) think it's fun. :)

Darrell