 CAD / MLCad / 1614
Re: Making screenshots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:02:51 GMT

I made czech translation. I started just for fun, than I realized it could
be useful. Now I'm translating just to see it complete, as there are (in • my
opinion) five or ten lego fans in whole country. So now I hope that when
Michael will make new version, language dll will be somewhat compatible as
it was sometimes boring. Do you use some automatic translator an then you
only finetune it, or do you translate all manually (as I did..)?

Cool.
I am translating manually in VC++ because when I edit the rc file it messes
up and then the whole file when you delete so much as a comma, colon or
quote.
I am nearing completion though and very busy finetuning... :-)

-If you'll translate, read online help first, there are some useful
explanations. (For example - "command type"  means "run in console". Or
not?

Yes. It means exactly that.

I suggest you save all your pictures in the BMP format of Paint and then
convert the to Gifs with another program.

Exactly. I grabbed them, pasted in Paintbrush, made clipping so I have • pics
(almost) clean. This was all done in Paintbrush. Than I used IrfanView. • It's
freeware and really good viewer/convertor. (I especially like "batch
converting feature")

IrfanView is very good too!

I think main problem is that you're trying to convert 16 millions into 256
colours. I know that Adobe photoshop can calculate palette for you, but..
it's too much effort.

.. maybe, I'll give a second try

Good luck!

Jaco