 CAD / MLCad / 1612
Re: Making screenshots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:11:21 GMT

I recently finished translation of MLCad language dll and now I am
working

What language did you translate. I am doing Dutch now. :-)

on translation of on-line help (or whatever it it) (It's help which • appears
after pressing F1 key). This help is full of .gif screenshots, so I • decided
to grab screenshots from my - translated version to have them accurate.
Okay. I did (using print screen button), than I started Paintbrush and
pasted it, than some clipping and finally saved as .gif (original is gif
too). And now you can see - the pictures are awful! Colors are • completely
wrong!. Do you have any idea what to do?

I suggest you save all your pictures in the BMP format of Paint and then
convert the to Gifs with another program.

Well, the built in screen capture stuff under windows, is not the
greatest, I

I do not agree with that, but...

would suggest you find a graphics program that will do the job alot • better, and
use it, rather than M$ Paint to edit them.

...for further steps with graphics it is awfull.

Jasco Software, has a neat little shareware app called Paint Shop Pro. At • least
from me and several major magazines, it comes highly rated for the average
user.

I think the company that makes PSP is called Jasc without the O.
Paint Shop Pro is a very good program indeed. Relatively cheap for all the
things you can do with it.

Jaco "with an O" van der Molen