 CAD / MLCad / 1528 (-20)
  Re: Ropes, Flex Tubes, Rubber Bands, et. al.

Hi Shaun, I have written a program called lsynth, which does many bendable things like: flex-system hoses, pneumatic hoses, flexibe axles, ribbed hose, electric and fiber optic cables. The program is called LSynth and is available (URL) I'm also (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Ropes, Flex Tubes, Rubber Bands, et. al.

Hi All, I've been working diligently on LDrawing my Hudson 4-6-4 Steam Engine ((URL) and am finally running up against the seemingly impossible: Is there a way to modify pieces so that they bend and curve? So far, I've replaced bent flex-tubing with (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) This sounds like a shortcut in the algorithm. If the bezier function is f(t), it does not have the property that |f(t) - f(t+d)| = c for all t, d given. I've corrected for this in my algorithm by using some simple optimization to find a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) Some progress - myself and a CAD expert mucked about a bit until we realised the obvious thing I was missing, the fact that the control point coordinates are specified relative to the end points and not in absolute coordinates! Jennifer (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) If memory serves me well, in Fredrik's Ldraw mode you specified the endpoints in terms of orientation as well as coordinates, stated the number of joints and it calculated the rest. Certainly a good system for many instances as that (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) I think the most confusing aspect of the existing curve program, with the exception of Fredrik's, is the fact that the control points are tricky to position correctly. Fredriik's LDraw mode solves this by dynamically determining the control (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) ldraw mode program to create flex hoses in the past with no problems, it's just this new way that is confusing me :-) Jennifer (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) If MLCAD uses Bézier curves to model the bent hoses, you may find some information on the internet about this technique: An interactive demo: (URL) is a more mathematical approach: (URL) may also like to see my own description of how I handle (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

Hi Michael, The hose generator is a superb contribution to your already excellent program. I dont't remember that I ever thanked you for your continuing effort, while I have been a user since 1.something, so... A big thanks and keep up the good (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) Is there a doc anywhere describing how to use the MLCAD hose generator? I've been trying understand how all the points contribute to the curve but must be missing something obvious. Jennifer (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) Like 256 = Rubber black And some more of these accepted high numbered colors. Now it says the color is 'unused'. Niels (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@globalxs.nl> wrote in message news:H77CDp.4sB@lugnet.com... (...) Greate - thanks! The language template should be ready by the end of the weekend. Michael (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

Great! Thank you Michael. We can now start writing new help files and translate them, like we discussed. And start creating the Dutch language DLL file. Jaco "Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@lm...tware.com> schreef in bericht (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) Great christmas gift! I have done a fast but intensive test session. + is what i like - is what could be better(in my humble opinion) General: + no zip-file problem (used winzip v6.3) + the memory & MLCad.log file problem are solved for me (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) Nice, Michael! Now all we need is an electrical wire generator. Oh and a string generator. Oh and .... oh forget it - happy Christmas!!! 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

YAAAAHHHOOOO!!!!!!! :-D Thanks Michael! Gary "Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@lm...tware.com> wrote in message news:H73K7r.ByI@lugnet.com... (...) rubber (...) should (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) The latest LDraw update (2002-5) has the new Minifig hand(983) and arms(981/982). The Partsref lists the old hand(977)and arms(975/976) which are now considered obsolete. If you haven't downloaded the new update at LDraw.org then do so and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

Hi Michael, Thanks for the new version! I'm really looking forward to using some of the new features. I've been testing the mini-fig generator, but I keep getting errors when I try to load it. Specifically, it is looking for 981.dat, 982.dat and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

(...) The zip file size should be 1 497 398 bytes. /Tore (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW

Hmmm...I've downloaded this twice and both times I wound up with a corrupted zip file. Is this a problem on your end or mine. Thanks, Will Bricksburg Fire Department: (URL) Bricksburg Depot: (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact