 CAD / MLCad / 1515
Re: *** Start celebrating .... NOW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 01:00:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann writes:
Hi,

http://www.lm-software.com/mlcad/

contains reasons for celebration.
First of all there is MLCad V3.00:
It comes with a new look and four integrated generators for minifigs, rubber
bands, springs and flexible hoses.
Check it out :-)

There is also the beginning of the developer section.
In the first step you can download the final version of the Developer
Specification for MLCad V3.00, regarding the license agreement there should
not be a problem now.

Great christmas gift!

I have done a fast but intensive test session.
+ is what i like
- is what could be better(in my humble opinion)

General:
+ no zip-file problem (used winzip v6.3)
+ the memory & MLCad.log file problem are solved for me (w98se,64Mo)
+ browsing the part list seems faster (may be related to previous point)
+ professionalism of the whole
+ new toolbar graphics
+ new scan parts
+ french language
+ ease of use that has made MLCad popular

Of course, because brand new, the generators leave a bit more place for
improvement.

Minifig generator:
+ seems extendible by editing MLCad.ini
- head position should be sensitive to neckwear
- left/right sides are reversed
- Orion LDDP plugin has visor/feather

Hose generator:
+ can be added as a single part, instead of 50 parts
- Orion LDDP plugin is more intuitive (uses hose ends)

A faithful MLCad-er,

Damien