 CAD / MLCad / 1501
  Building in Layers

I am building sculptural instructions in MLCad, and I create them topographically (layer by layer with each layer as a step). I use Top & Side views predominantly, and as move from layer to layer, I'd like to see the previous layers ghosted or (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Building in Layers

(...) Not possible in MLCad but you can do this using LPub. It will create building instrcution images with the previous steps in a different color and/or faded. -Ahui LDraw Help Desk (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Building in Layers

I think Will means during building. Thus Edit mode in MLCad. MLCad can generate grayed out step pictures though. Settings > General > Change >> Tab Viewing: Edit parts view type - Off - Highlight - Grayed old - Transparant old Jaco "Ahui Herrera" (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Building in Layers

Jaco, you are correct. I meant "during editing". I did come up with a quasi-isolution: I grouped each layer's bricks, which allows me to easily set hide each layer. Then, when I need a quick placement reference, I click group in model parts list (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)