 CAD / MLCad / 1503
Re: Building in Layers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:51:44 GMT

I think Will means during building. Thus Edit mode in MLCad.
MLCad can generate grayed out step pictures though.
Settings > General > Change >> Tab Viewing: Edit parts view type
- Off
- Highlight
- Grayed old
- Transparant old

Jaco

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Will Chapman writes:
I am building sculptural instructions in MLCad, and I create them
topographically (layer by layer with each layer as a step).

I use Top & Side views predominantly, and as move from layer to layer, • I'd
like to see the previous layers ghosted or grayed out.  This is so that • in
the top view, I can differentiate between the current layer's bricks & • the
ones below.

Note: The color of the previous layers' bricks should still be • identifiable,
but the saturation greatly reduced (ie. high brightness, low contrast)

Is this possible in MLCad?

Not possible in MLCad but you can do this using LPub.  It will create
building instrcution images with the previous steps in a different color
and/or faded.

-Ahui
LDraw Help Desk