 CAD / MLCad / 1419
1418  |  1420
Subject:
A few question about editing in MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:10:48 GMT

Hello,

I'm having a little trouble too do some editing in MLCAD (v2.12).

Question 1:
How too make a bend on a hose, part 79.dat (Technic Ribbed Hose) or 78.dat
(complete 120LDU long)?
With 79.dat I can put piece by piece and just rotate each new segment a few
degrees. But its hard to calculate how many degrees I have to rotate the
piece to get the right bend I need.
Is there a bend function in MLCad or is there any utility that can make an
bendt hose for me?

Even worse when the bend is in two axis....

I have 3D-Studio, can I use that program for some easy editing of pieces
like this?

Question 2:
I'm often using the MLCad to make an building instruction of the model I've
made.
But how do I make a instruction where a piece, lets say part 32054.dat
Technic Pin Long with Stop Bush, first inserted in one possition into a
techninc brick and later in the instruction the Pin should be pressed in
further to lock something of? The Pin have to be inserted in the first brick
a few steps before it have to be pushed into locking possiton because there
are no way to insert it later.

Question 3:
I'm just now making the instruction for the Lego set 8461 - Williams F1 Team
Racer.
The model is very big and in the instruction I'm making its hard to see the
details.
Is there any way to zoom in to just see a part of the model in some steps of
the instruction?

By the way; some of my latest creations can be found at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix

The model Tractor is not finished because I cant find the answer to question
1. Also the 8461 needs a lot of  bended ribbed hoses.

Lek godt!

Øyvind Steinnes