 CAD / MLCad / 1329
1328  |  1330
Subject:
Technical description of ROTSTEP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:24:13 GMT

I'm working on a program that automatically converts model descriptions in
LDRAW DAT format and
creates step by step construction and part list images using L3P and
POV-Ray.  I'm almost ready for a beta release.

My program, called LPub, honors LDRAW STEPs and MLCAD ROTSTEPs.  Well, O.K.
it only
correctly handles relative rotation steps.  I've had to reverse engineer
relative rotation by trial and error,
so it might still be broken a bit.

Can someone point me to documentation on how ROTSTEP actually works?

You can see an example of some output of LPub here:

  http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/DSDK-Waddler/all_table.html

The table format shown is specific to some book publishing.  I'm working on
a better web-page based  format.  You can click on the images in the table
and see better resolution pictures.

Kevin

kevin_clague@yahoo.com