 CAD / MLCad / 1301
Re: How is this created?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 21:02:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Mike Walsh writes:

"Jeroen de Haan" <jeroendehaan@mac.com> wrote in message
news:GwH5EL.6Dn@lugnet.com...
5) Create a template in powerpoint and begin inserting your models, • cropping

Small tip: when using Powerpoint (or any other Office application) convert
the LDR without a floor and render your pictures as PNG with Alpha • channel.
That way everything but your model wil be masked out so that when you • place
it on a coloured background you won't have a white frame around it.

Alpha channels are also very handy when using image-editors.

Jeroen

I am intrigued, does this apply to Publisher as well?  As I don't understand
what you mean by "without a floor" and rendering with Alpha channel.  Can
you elaborate for those of us who don't know exactly what you are talking
about.

When you convert a .ldr/.dat file to a .pov via L3PAO/L3P by default L3PAO
put a floor plane in your model.  That is say you render a 2x4 blue brick.
If you look athe the POV code you will notice at the bottom a section of
code that says something like:

// floor
plane {...

You want to get rid of this code all together from the plane {... to the '}'
that corresponds to the 1st '{'.  Also look right above this code and you
show see one that says
//background
Make sure you set that one to WHITE or rgb <1,1,1>.  You can aslo set the
background in L3PAO by setting the colro to white via the colro panel.

As for the alpha channel.. someone please tell us cause i have no clue on
that one....
AHui

I render my instructions with LD-Lite and place the images with Microsoft
Publisher.

Mike

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot