 CAD / MLCad / 1223 (-20)
  ** MLCAD V2.12 **

I happy to announce that MLCad V2.12 is out now. The most importand change in this release is the bug-fix for the unsolicted crash of MLCad, some corrections for LDR and two new things: - Sorting of parts in a model by color, name or position - (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My transparency colors are all BLACK now

Try going to Settings->General->Change and look at the shading optimizations. If it is set to maximum, change it. I've had the same problem before. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  My transparency colors are all BLACK now

I knew I should not have touched that button but alas I did. I clicked on the default button (settings->general) and now whenever I want to make a part transparent it won't! MLCad said that the color is a custom color but shows BLACK on the view (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rotating Problem

Hi John, I presume you are using Mlcad, if so you can go to settings, general, change and then (Step,Grid,Snap) simply change a rotation box ie 22.5 (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Can you customize built-in colors?

(...) Thanks- I'll look into it. I guess it's time to start comparing the rendering of all the editors out there. For my current problem, I ended up rendering with POV-Ray. I realized while doing so that substeps may actually be a little easier (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Rotating Problem

Whenever I use the Rotation Matrix, it dosn't do anything. Is there a fix for this? I need a finely tuned rotation value. John Henry Kruer (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: I lost 3939.dat

(...) I'ts coming your way ! Watch you email. Regards, Ludo Soete (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  I lost 3939.dat

Somehow 3939.dat (Slope Brick 33 3x 6) got overwritten with the Cone 2x 2 file. Would someone please email it to me? Thanks! --Ryan ryanjf@ifriendly.com (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:GrI0DH.6Iy@lugnet.com... (...) way, (...) tell (...) While I capture all of my models with ML-CAD but I render all of the images I use for instruction books with LD-Lite. You have (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Can you customize built-in colors?

I would like to modify the standard colors as displayed in MLCAD. This way, I could make the black a little lighter and modify the line colors for certain colors. The purpose is to make instructions a little easier to tell where one part ends and (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Feature request

That is a good idea! Have you emailed the author of MLCAD (look under the help about tab in mlcad) and suggested this change. That is the best way to get a change to MLCAD in a future relase of the program. -Ahui (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  A question for Mike

Michael, (I just noticed you use Michael, not Mike. Sorry) I was wondering what your thoughts on sharing the code of MLCad were. I was wondering about the feasability of porting it to Mac. Any thoughts? Thanks, Gino A... (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Feature request

Mike, I love MLCad. Ok, that's out of the way. I'd like to request a change to how the arrow keys work in MLCad. I'd like a configuration option that causes the up-down and left-right arrows to respond relative to the currently selected frame. With (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Parts List mis-ordered?

(...) Sorry to reply to my own post, but I figured out what was going on. For some reason, the parts.lst file was rewritten. I deleted this file, and upon opening MLCad again, I was prompted to rebuild the parts.lst file. I did, and now everything (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Parts List mis-ordered?

Are you using some program which can reorder the part list ? Then it might be ... MLCad shouldn't sort in a different order ==> except you are using an old version which had troubles finding it's way home ... Michael "Jake McKee" (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Newbie Question

reviving an old thread... Thomas Main wrote on December 17, 2001, (...) Thomas, I have written a tutorial which I am about to send to Tim regarding MPD's, exporting, and inlining. That should be of help. Best regards, --Ryan (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Newbie Question

reviving an old thread... Andy Lynch wrote on December 17, 2001, (...) Here's another way, but it involves hacking a bit in the actual .dat code. In the main model file, insert the first brick of the sub model where you want it. Save the file. Then (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Parts List mis-ordered?

Help! Every once in a while when I start a new model in MLCAD, the thumbnail view of the parts list is not in alphabetical order....any ideas why? How do I fix this? Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) Yes, I'm pretty sure ldglite negates both the y and z coords just before calling any OpenGL functions. If I remember right, the reason the LDRAW coordinate system is so odd is because it started out in 2D screen pixel coords and the 3D view (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) This actually looks like the best solution to me. It gets around lots of unforseen problems. For instance, when I originally did the scene on the stairs, I tilted the camera by looking up the stairs with the look_at parameter. But that caused (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact