 CAD / MLCad / 1092
Re: Wishes for next version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:58:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Carsten Schmitz writes:
Hello!

Because i do part authoring with ML-Cad i would like to have the ability to
zoom muuuuuch more than onl 300%.
Sometimes i need like 2000%-8000% and more. It makes it alot easier to
determine the position of points. So it is a lot of trial and error entering
assumed values and then re-check it with LD-View everytime. So my wish is
that i can enter my own value (maybe in the toolbar in an edit box).

A annoying bug I have noticed:

When i change to the finest grid coarse and set less than 1 LDU per step for
moving (e.g.0.2) most of the time i cant move  the pice with cursor keys.
Sometimes it functions, most times not. I think it is a rounding error when
tries still to align in minimum 1 LDU steps even i set the grid to smaller
steps.

Or is it only me ;)....

Anyway.. thanx for the great program!

Carsten

I too would like the ability to easily zoom in more.  Assigning this to the
mouse scroll wheel would be even better.

I also have the same problem moving things when setting the grid to less
than 1 LDU.

A couple more requests:

When moving a type 5 line, only then endpoint move.  The second pair of
points should also move.  This makes bulk moving of sections of a part
difficult.

There seems to be a rounding error on the x/y/z display (lower left hand
corner).  If you set the grid to 0.1 LDU and move the cursor around, you
will see that the numbers go -1.1, -1, 1, 1.1.  It never shows anything
between -1 and 1.

Other than these minor problems, this is a great program!

Bill