 CAD / MLCad / 1093
Request: Recent used elements tool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:23:48 GMT

Hi

I am wondering if it is possible to have a window containing only the
used elements in the .dat file. I know that the ascii version is available.
However, finding a previously used element in a rather big .dat file
can take a while. I make a lot of technic .dat files which have lots of
different elements...

I personally do not used the ascii grouped elements window at the left
top side. Could there a be an option that visualises, whenever a .dat file is
available (or being made), the used parts?

Futhermore, when I don't find instantly my element I switch to the "select
part" icon. I like this window very much. However, I feel that there are
some options missing. First I would rather have this select part option direct
on a tool
bar. Like part number editbox and a description editbox with a possibility
of ascii search!

For now, searching is possible in the Select Part window. However, you have to
scroll now, which might take some time as well, since I not always recall the
specific description of an element. I believe, that with a search the
probablity of finding the right elements is much higher. The results could be
visualy given (maybe...:) ).

Guido