 CAD / LeoCAD / 8
Re: Parts library for LeoCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.leocad
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:08:40 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

Ok, something like that would be useful to have, I think.  I would feel
claustrophibic if I couldn't convert new parts into the LeoCAD format.

  I removed it to avoid confusion but it looks like people do not want
to wait for the library updates. :)

How about the other way around?  Can ordinary DAT files be extracted
from the LeoCAD format?

  I've never thought of doing that (I can't see a reason for it). The
only parts that LeoCAD have that are not included in LDraw use real
texture maps (take a look at the parts with the classic space logo), so
they cannot be extracted correctly.

And can LeoCAD process and render ordinary LDraw DAT files, as posted in
lugnet.cad.dat.models, say?  Or do the files need some kind of
conversion first?  I couldn't find any info on this either on the web
page.

  LeoCAD can open .dat files without any extra work, just choose
file/open and choose the file you want. A little note: if the file has
subfiles, they should be located in the same directory of the original
file.

I don't think attachements work on LUGNET, fortunately.

  Here's the file, it's not very useful:

PIECES.IDX
char[32]       "LeoCAD piece library index file"
unsigned char  file version (currently = 3)
unsigned char  last updated installed

PIECE_DATA:
char[8]        name
char[64]       description
short[6]       bounding box (scaled)
unsigned char  flags
unsigned long  default group
unsigned long  offset in PIECES.BIN
unsigned long  info size

MOVED_DATA:
char[8]        old name
char[8]        new name

unsigned short moved count
unsigned long  PIECES.BIN File size
unsigned short piece count

PIECES.BIN
char[32] "LeoCAD piece library data file"

PIECE_DATA:
unsigned long  vertex count
short[]        vertex data (scaled)
unsigned short connection count
CONNECTION_DATA:
  unsigned short connection type
  short[3]       position (scaled)
  short[3]       up (<<14)

unsigned short group count
GROUP_DATA:
  unsigned char  group connection count
  unsigned short connections index
  void           draw information

TEXTURES.IDX
char[32]       "LeoCAD texture index file"
unsigned char  file version (currently = 1)
unsigned char  last updated installed

TEXTURE_DATA:
char[8]        name
unsigned short width
unsigned short height
unsigned char  type (LUMINANCE, RGB, RGBA)
unsigned long  offset in TEXTURES.BIN

unsigned long  TEXTURES.BIN File size
unsigned short piece count

TEXTURES.BIN