 CAD / LeoCAD / 23
Re: Win ver 0.72
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.leocad
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 05:22:10 GMT

Well after finding the plate 1x6 train car... I tried to create my own parts
lib. I started by adding all the train parts that I use (namely the 9v
parts) and then added a bunch of parts from all the different other libs,
the ones I use to build trains.  I anyone is interested LMK and I'll mail
you my favorite train parts lib file.

Leo,
    Is there a place to upload personal libs so others can share them. I
assume that if it is only a reorg of the orig libs then the personal ones
could be pretty transferable.

SteveB

Leonardo Zide wrote in message <38D75848.C02C8B8@centroin.com.br>...
sebarile-MOBL wrote:

1) When I "drop" a new block into a model can it be placed on top of, or • very
near, the last brick? Currently I believe that it is placed with respect • to
the viewport. So if you zoom out on a pile of bricks and "drop" a new • one, it
is very close to the foreground and not the pile of bricks.

The place where the new brick is added is relative to the current
position of the camera, it really should be closer to the other bricks
but I haven't figured out a way to do that.

2) I rendered a 2x2 45deg slope in POV and the textured sloped face was • gone.
I can see the tube from the top. Its actually kind of cool but makes for • a
weird model :)  I have the pics, just didn't want to attach.

That's a bug in LGEO, take a look at the airplane from my homepage and
you'll see it has the same problem.

3) Is the train fence/railing part available (1x6x2.x) see
Its the black railing along the back on the train car. I use it all the • time
for train work.

I don't think so, you could ask for it in lugnet.cad and see if
someone will help, it's a very simple part but I don't think I have it
here so I can't model it.

4) Can I make my own part lib... There is a ton of parts I reguarly use • for
trains that are not "train" parts and a ton of "train" parts I never use • (like
4.5...). I played with the Piece Library Manager, is it "under • construction"?

The Piece Library Manager may have some bugs but everything should
work in the MS Windows version. You can add/remove bricks, create new
groups, change the current groups for a brick or even delete a part from
the disk.

Leonardo