 CAD / LeoCAD / 14
Re: New LeoCAD version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.leocad
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:31:41 GMT

"John C. Quillan" wrote:

The Grouping is getting better.  In .71.?? you could group for just
a moment, after something else was selected your grouping was lost.
Now you can group many parts into a new part (and even name it).  Then
you can remove parts from the group.  I could not figure out how
to add a part to a group though.  These groups are also saved with the
file.

  That's how it works under Windows, because the dialog that asks for
the group name was missing from previous versions, you couldn't create a
group. To add a part to a group, you have to select the group, hold the
CTRL key down, click on the part and choose Pieces/Add to group from the
menu.

There is also an "edit groups" menu item.  It is not much more than a
viewer at this moment from what I could tell.

  The Linux version doesn't allow you to drag and drop yet. :)

The minifig wizard now works to some extent.  I believe the center part
of the box will eventually show you the figure as you create it.  In the
end you will  have a little lego person.  Cool!!

  You should already have the minifig in the center, it works here. This
is a bug with something in  your system, could you run LeoCAD from a
console and see if you get any error messages when you start the Minifig
Wizard ?

Leonardo