 CAD / LeoCAD / 13
Re: New LeoCAD version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.leocad
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:11:21 GMT

All,

This is a quick review of the .72.0 version of leocad for Linux.

First of all, I am not sure if its my imagination or not, but this
version seems a little faster than the last.

The Grouping is getting better.  In .71.?? you could group for just
a moment, after something else was selected your grouping was lost.
Now you can group many parts into a new part (and even name it).  Then
you can remove parts from the group.  I could not figure out how
to add a part to a group though.  These groups are also saved with the
file.

There is also an "edit groups" menu item.  It is not much more than a
viewer at this moment from what I could tell.

The minifig wizard now works to some extent.  I believe the center part
of the box will eventually show you the figure as you create it.  In the
end you will  have a little lego person.  Cool!!

There may be more changes that I didn't catch, but of what I use the
most
this is it.

Again, I would like to stress that I only looked at the Linux version.

Thanks,

John C. Quillan

  Hi,

  I've just uploaded a new LeoCAD version to http://leocad.gerf.org,
unfortunately I lost the list of new features and I don't remember
exactly what's new. :)

Leonardo