 CAD / LeoCAD / 129
Re: New LeoCAD version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.leocad
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:22:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.leocad, Leonardo Zide wrote:
Ronald Borchert wrote:
LeoCAD now supports 28 colors.
Do you plan to integrate more colors in future?

   Do you miss any colors in particular or do you just want to be able
to enter the RGB values for any color you want?

Hi,
first of all I'm very sorry that I didn't answer your post but I've been very
busy in the past with other thinks than Lego.
Now I'm back Brick-ing and CAD-ing and remembered that there was an open
question...

Yes, I miss some colors: transblack (smoke), darkred, darkblue and darkgreen
are the most important missed colors (for me).
There are some more important colors like sandgreen, sandblue, sandred,
lightyellow, lightorange and lime. Lightbrown now looks like sandred, did you
mean darkorange with this color?
I think these 10 colors became very common since a lot of parts in these colors
are available now.
I'm not firm with RGB values so that would not be an option for me.

Btw., thanks for the new version/parts update.
I just downloaded the complete installation file and first missed some parts,
which have been present in older versions.
Than I found them in the piece library manager but don't know how to insert them
in a new project because they are not sorted to any group.
I.e. Wing 4 x 8 Left and Right, Slope Brick 2 x 2 x 2/3 and new parts as well,
i.e. Slope Brick Curved 3 x 1.
I'm sure that there are more parts which are not sorted to a group but how to
find them and use them in a project?

Than I've a question last:
Last year I started a very big LeoCAD project with more than 5000 parts, which
I've finished now. When zooming out so that the complete model is shown, most of
the model disappears in the background. Does there exist a funktion to prevent
this?

Best regards
Ronald